Normally I recommend changing the No to Yes on the RAC question about using a computer right away.
However, I found a time when this is not the best strategy.
It was 10:35. All the computers were booked for a class at 11 a.m. (actually why the computers were booked isn't really important - the main thing is that all the computers were booked!)
The RAC message was that there were no computers available.
That actually means that there are no computers available for a 30 minute time span, starting at 10:35 or so, since it would run until after 11 am.
When I changed the search option to No, I don't want a computer right now, I was given the calendar / timeslots option. This showed that one computer was available. I clicked. The patron was assigned the computer for 25 minutes until 11 am.
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment