Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New browser from Google

Lots of comments in the media about the new browser from Google. Chrome can't be downloaded on our computers but you could consider it for home. I read in one article that big businesses will have to be convinced to change browsers. And that would be the case for the library too!
Here's one review:
Google to offer its own browser
And a review of reviewers:
Reviewing the reviews of Google's Chrome
Take the tour:
Chrome

2 comments:

Brent said...

I'm enthusiastic about the ability to shut down a tab for a page that's loading JAVA slowly. I'm also enthusiastic about the new memory management system. Sigh... no edition for Macs just yet.

However my biggest excitement was seeing Scott McCloud, of "Understanding Comics" fame
(www.scottmccloud.com) get such a high profile gig.

Frances said...

Evidently a Mac version is in development -
http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/mac.html And of course, you can run the current version if you wish - see http://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/2008/09/google-chrome-f.html
But we aren't doing anything at home on our Mac yet. We'll wait awhile!