Twitter is hot, very hot! It is mini-blogging using a computer, cellphone, Blackberry or other device. In some ways, I don't get it - who would be interested in the minutiae of my life? However, I joined and have published a tweet or two (yep, that's what they call the updates!) People click on a user name to "follow" or get every update or tweet from that person. Really important things like, "Looking for cool pirate books and links. Also, what kind of socks do pirates like to wear? Arrgggyle." Or "looking forward to the weekend!"
However tonight when browsing the site, I found that some public libraries are using Twitter to announce branch closures, special events and new items on their webpages.
Brooklyn, Grand Rapids, and Santa Fe public libraries are all using Twitter.
Interested in Twitter? See the video about it:
Twitter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment