I wanted to email a copy of a Globe and Mail article to my daughter but the specific article was premium content and not available for free on the Globe and Mail website. I would need to buy an online subscription or purchase of the specific article.
I used the trusty search title search for magazines and newspapers ("Find magazines, Journals and Newspapers - Find by title") in All In One Search. Canadian Newsstand covers the Globe and Mail - fulltext and includes the current day. The "premium content" article was there, ready for me to read or e-mail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've always found Globe and Mail's access restrictions irritating - they even have the gall to charge even those who've paid for "hard copy" subscriptions! I really resent being asked to pay twice for the same news item.
Now that the New York Times has opened its archives to everyone (and given pro-rated refunds to people who paid for its Times Select subscriptions for the year), I hope other papers - including the Globe - will follow suit.
Post a Comment